Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Get Slammed

Last week I was lucky enough to get a try out on a set of SLAM Pedals courtesy of Raoul Leuscher

After following the progress of Nick Mitchell using these pedals via his blog . The curiousity got the better of me and I thought I just have to give them a go.

Well.
1) It's tough
2) It is actually like riding with a double leg motion but with only one leg
3) If I have any more debilitating injuries that stop me from using one leg whilst the other is still good, I now know what I'll be doing for my rehab!

Yesterday I got slammed to an even higher degree; I got my wisdom teeth out. Now I'm excitedly only a few days away from starting some proper training again, ye-ha!

Despite what everyone told me about getting teeth out; massive swelling, soup for a week etc. It wasn't that bad. The most painful aspect was being stuck in a crammed little ward next to 'Norm' from Traralgon. He runs an amateur radio station of his own, so let's just say he likes to talk, A LOT! But seriously he was a nice guy and I went through a bit of Forest Gump morning learning all about 42 (the meaning of life) from a self proclaimed country bumpkin.

Our morning together finished with a conclusion of sorts, whilst discussing the finer aspects of all the pubs in Traralgon, he said:
"Ya know, I don't smoke, I don't drink, but I sure do a lot of this!!!!"
*makes sexual motions with his left index finger and the circle created with the right index finger and thumb*

Laughing within an hour of having your wisdom teeth taken out hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment