Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Been a good week

Training is on the up. Weather is nice. No uni this week. Life is good.

I have backed off from my rehab gym program to finally focus on being a bike rider again. And boy oh boy it is fun. Had a couple of glorious days riding out and about in the hills north/north east of Melbourne and really feel like I am getting back in the swing. Nonetheless, time is in short supply with my comeback race marked in for the Tour of Thailand starting on April 1st so I need to get my arse into gear that's for sure! After Thailand it will be onward to the Tour of Korea (South that is...); and that should see me with a pretty solid start to the season and have me rocking for the big momma.

The tour to end all tours. Oh yes it's the Tour of Qinghai Lake, where you start at 2000 metres and climb up towards 4000 metres with volatile wind and weather just to make sure life ain't easy. Life won't be easy. Never being one to back away from a challenge I'll just have to see how I go. Check out some of Mark's photos to get some idea on just the scale of the place.


In other Asian cycling happenings I got some interesting feedback from guys on the team about the first ever UCI race staged in India over the weekend. The reviews ranged from midly critical to still struggling to breath after severe pollution inhalation. Maybe I didn't miss much. Ozcycling sum it up pretty well!

That's it for now. First crit race coming up soon. Bout' time.

Jono

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're back to riding the bike. The weather here has not been conducive to cycling for the past three weeks. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete